12.14.2007

OK ice storm

richard and kate's backyard


nephew oliver



I've been in norman, ok a week staying with my brother, his wife and son. I haven't seen the sun since I've been here. Over the weekend, it rained during the day and the water froze overnight. The trees were weighed down with the ice and you could hear branches cracking so loud and so frequently that it sounded like firecrackers going off all night long. I heard 1/3 of oklahoma lost power - hundreds of thousands without electricity and without heat. Since we didn't lose power at the house, dozens of friends filtered through the house here seeking out warmth and light. Almost a week after the storm, we are now hosting a neighbor's fighting fish - (they fled to relatives in Texas) - and a tropical python - (who was too cold in our friend's house).

No comments: