1.11.2008

the feather river

While camping in the rainy Sierras last Spring, I drove Marcelo's car the short distance back from the Feather River to the campsite. Later, when on foot, I realized that I was responsible for the death of this beautiful orange lizard. I didn't mean to drive over it and smash its brains onto the pavement; I could have walked.

The experience made me think a lot about the evil resulting from our automobile and oil dependencies. But I was still grateful for Marcelo's car for it efficiently transported us from the city of San Francisco to a verdant mountain valley with waterfalls, river otters, a glorious rope swing and lots of bright orange lizards everywhere - scampering along the ground and even seeking shelter underneath our tent's rainfly.



These kaliedoscope pictures were taken the same day...

No comments: